Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Just this today.....





Only love empowers the leap in trust, the courage to risk everything on Jesus, the readiness to move into the darkness guided only by a pillar of fire. Trust clings to the belief that whatever happens in our lives is designed to teach us holiness.    Brennan Manning

My husband sent me this quote.  Trust is an issue I am currently studying and he knew I would love this quote by Manning.  And he was right.  I love the mental picture of trust clinging to a belief ......leading to a lesson in holiness....that is only empowered by love.  It's a cycle, all connecting.

It says in 1 Peter 1:16 that as obedient children, we are to be pulled into a way of life shaped by God’s life; a life energetic and blazing with holiness. Because God said, “I am holy; you be holy.”
and in that I can Trust that everything I am faced with; the emotions, the disappointments, the joys and the pain.  And that all of it is of growing me closer to being who He has created me to be.  "In His Image we are created" always is an overwhelming thought to me.  But it is truth.  And the truth is that me allowing Him (the trust part) full access to me- my heart and my mind, then I am in that process of becoming.....even becoming Holy.  Emptying myself.....and God pouring into me.

mmmm- I like that.

No comments: