Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Words

Inspirit Women Bible study has kicked off and I couldn't be more thrilled with the incredible group of ladies I will be sharing with over these next months!  With all the preparation work and adding some part-time work for The Elston Group, I have been unable to write here.
If you want to follow our study on Philippians, you can by going the the above tab titled Bible Study!
I just posted there notes from the kick-off.

With all of the words I have had to come up with over the last week, I don't feel as though I have anything interesting to say.  Sometimes it is just like that.

I go to His Word and read this today~
 Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you;
   therefore he will rise up to show you compassion.
For the LORD is a God of justice.
   Blessed are all who wait for him!  Isaiah 30:18 (NIV)

The book of Isaiah is messages from the prophet Isaiah to the people of Israel and Judah.  No other prophet gives us more prophecies about the Messiah and his coming.  God inspired Isaiah directly to offer the people of that day the things that will were to come to give something to hold onto, believe in, hope in.
I wonder what it was like for those people.  Yearning deeply for hope and this Messiah.  But having to wait.  My first impulse is to write-  well, just like today, we have to wait like they did. 
I ponder some more realizing that no, not really.
We have it.   God came.  Lived with us, taught us, loved us, died for us.
Conquered death.
So no, we have SO MUCH MORE than they did.  We HAVE the hope.  He can live within us.

And yes, we do have to wait at times. 
But not to have God with us........He already is.  That is, if we allow it.
So that is just some of my thoughts on this Wednesday.
Thankful for God's Word.



No comments: