Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Unforgettable

When it all comes down to it, none of us wants to be forgettable. Hannah went to visit our friends in Bend and help them with their youngin's. She loves babies and so we thought it would be a great opportunity for her to get some babysitting experience. She is a natural. However, after only being gone for hardly 24 hours she said quite sadly to me on the phone, "You have probably already forgotten all about me". Seriously? I said. NO WAY.......and of course went on to encourage her and let her know how proud we were of her and how much we loved her. Despite the fact that I knew it was her 11 almost 12 year old drama speaking.
Frankly, I was stunned she would say that. And didn't think about it again until I heard today about a dear women and friend of ours who went to be with the Lord yesterday. She was a wonderful woman of God and we served with her husband in ministry in Colorado. Was she forgettable? Never. Always a beautiful smile. Always a word to encourage. I remember her warmly and am thankful for the time our paths crossed.
And like most of us when someone we love passes on, I pondered upon myself. Was I forgettable? Am I living an unforgettable life? We want to be known. For people to remember. Not too much different from my Hannah.
Do I have what it takes to be the unforgettable? Oh God, I so desire to be ALL that you have created me to be......and embrace ALL of my life. Each day. Each moment.

I love how the Message paraphrases 1 Corinthians 1:7-9 ~
Just think—you don't need a thing, you've got it all! All God's gifts are right in front of you as you wait expectantly for our Master Jesus to arrive on the scene for the Finale. And not only that, but God himself is right alongside to keep you steady and on track until things are all wrapped up by Jesus. God, who got you started in this spiritual adventure, shares with us the life of his Son and our Master Jesus. He will never give up on you.
Never forget that.......

What are you doing to be unforgettable?

No comments: