Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Strange

I a desperately trying to live fully right where I am. The rooms are still strange here, even with new color. Windows open to a fresh terrain, different climate. Nothing is familiar. I kept thinking that once we get our furniture "set" it will feel more like home. Guess it doesn't happen as quickly as I anticipated.
Making such a change uproots not only your furniture, the kids schools, your surroundings, but it uproots you. And I thought all the undoing was the 9 months waiting on direction.

For I am about to do something new.
See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?
I will make a pathway through the wilderness.
I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.
~Isa. 43:19

I have clung on to this scripture. This promise of the new. Here we are in a strange land- it is new alright. I didn't expect the strange feelings. The loneliness. The what now? God. Unnerving really these emotions of the strange. I am refusing to give into the feelings though. Okay, so I feel a bit "uprooted", and lonely. I am standing firm on my believe that the new has begun. And then it hit me this morning.......I feel strange because OF the new. It has been awhile. After wallowing in the wasteland for so long, the new would seem strange.
So strange is good.
I need to be patient as I navigate through this new territory and allow myself to adjust to the new "Here". To capture the day, be fully present....even in the strange.

4 comments:

tbledsoe said...

Thanks for sharing, this was very encouraging and it is a blessing for us to see into your heart. You are a beautiful woman inside and out, Michelle!!!

Michelle Butler said...

ahhh thanks........unnecessary but sooo nice to hear!

rebekah hursh said...

I miss your honest wisdom and friendship/mentoring, Michelle! Love you!

Michelle Butler said...

Becca-- sweet girl! I miss you too. Praying for you today.