Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Inspired

After my post yesterday, I ventured on to reading some of my favorite authors/bloggers. Read this from Donald Miller-
"We don’t normally face our fears willingly. Usually, God has to woo us into the desert. We are either chasing love or some other desire, and we find ourselves in the midst of a situation in which we have very little control. And when we lose control, we go into a mild form of trauma. But the good news is the greatest stories are lived in the desert. The great lives are lived in the places we most fear. If we fear being rejected, the great story has us standing at the door with flowers in our hands, if we fear losing love, the great stories have us letting that person go rather than clinging to them. If we fear taking a chance on a dream, the great stories have us quitting our jobs."
uuummmm...... greatest stories are lived in the desert. Seeing as we are coming out of a desert time, I can attest to some stories. Great? Not sure yet. I do know that I learned ALOT about myself and my relationship with God and what it means to really live..
Fear is a paralyzer. Stealer of joy. Fear takes away life....moments that were meant to be captured, enjoyed, absorbed. I lament over the stolen from myself, my life. No more to live in fear.
I am now living a better story. And I am not at all sure where this chapter is taking me but I read this quote today and it captured what I have been contemplating these last moments~
"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."
-Dawna Markova

No comments: