Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

March 15th...really??

Can I just say time flies by WAY TOO FAST! I can't believe that it has been 2 months since I have posted anything. Just so busy with the kids and work and life. With facebook, that is about all I can keep up with.

Much has happened since my last post- I turned 42- ouch! hurts to write that. FVC turned 5 yrs old- but Dale and I feel like we aged MUCH MORE than that growing this church up ;). Basketball season has come and gone for the boys- Caleb had a great season (despite getting hurt in the Championship Game) and Austin did well-(coaching not good). Hannah registered for Middle School and Austin registered for High School....can I say OUCH! again??? Although, after touring Mountain Range HS- I am more excited for him than frightened- but ask me again in August. Hannah's hamster passed on to hamster heaven last night- we got thru the tears and she said this morning that "I think I want to wait awhile before I get another one". Great. I was hoping that was the last hamster.

So here we are March- spring break is upon us and before we know it - Summer break will be here. Until then, I MUST find more work, even though I have picked up some freelance Real Estate marketing.... I keep getting the line- "once I can get my business at a better place, I want to hire you full-time"-- we shall see! Something needs to happen though.

I was reading this morning an e-mail devotional that I get daily and thought I would share a portion-
"The life of a christian reveals what is growing in the heart. Examine the things that are being planted in your heart today. Selfish pride gives root to selfish thoughts. Selfish thoughts grow into selfish actions. Selfish actions produce discord, impurity and eventually destruction. On the other hand, a humble heart centered on Christ produces the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Sowing His good seed in our hearts means we will reap a bountiful harvest that is pleasing to Him.

Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Galatians 6:7-8

Prayer: Lord, Thank You for always providing me with good seed. Help me to faithfully plant what You have given. Cleanse me of destructive seeds. May my life produce a harvest that is pleasing to You. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

Sow good seeds my friends- and expect a bearing of Amazing Fruit in your life!

No comments: