Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

a change of books

Yesterday I went to family bookstore to buy a book I have been wanting to read by Beth Moore. It was on her new study of Ester. So I go in and head straight for the Beth Moore section, I was super excited to get started! And guess what-- no book. They are all out! I found a sales-clerk. She confirmed that they had to order more because of the heavy demand! I was really disappointed. Since going to BM's conference in May, I have been wanting to go through this new study of her's. But a lot has happened between last May and now.......and now I was ready. At the conference, Beth had challenged us to "go into strict training (with God) to become ALL that He wants us to be. I thought - yeah- I want that God! Bring it on! He brought it on all right! The summer put me in some strict training for sure- like everything being taken from me.......well- not everything but I lost my job, my passion for ministry, basically took me down to just me and Him. Time to get real Michelle. And it got Real scary. I was angry and bitter and I had hidden it well. God and me talked ALOT- I read His Word and cried and prayed for God to get me out of this "desert". I will have to share more about that desert time in another post but yesterday I was really ready to move forward. God and me had worked so much out and I thought the Ester study was next for me.
Well, I was determined to get a book so I decided to take this time to find something else- even though my heart was set on Ester. Guess I'll do Ester another time.
I turned around and there (in the wrong spot I might add) was a book called "Crazy Love". I didn't know anything about this book other than I have seen a couple of people carrying it around. The title intrigued me so I picked it up, not to mention that the cover is attractive. Quickly I looked it over and thought, well- let's do it.... needless to say I didn't feel like looking anymore anyways.
I had to go pick up the boys from school because it was a nasty day and I hated for them to walk home in the rain. In order to not have to search for a spot to wait for them- I went early and thought I could start my new book. Can I just say- LOVE it! Either I love a book so much I can't put it down OR I love it it so much and it is so rich I can only take it in little portions- this book is the latter. Honest. I am just to chapter 3 and am already challenged! Fortunately, I didn't really have any pre-conceived notions about what "crazy love" is all about- I am still letting it soak in. I will write more about my thoughts and insights from the book as I get more into it.

Strict training- hurts sometimes but it is crucial in our walk with Him.

1 comment:

Pastor Dale Butler said...

Not just beautiful, but smart too.

You're awesome babe.